Installing a new kitchen or renovating an old one can be an expensive business. It’s understandable that you’ll want to save some cash by DIY-ing some of the main jobs. But fitting your own kitchen could be a colossal mistake – it could even be dangerous.
Here are just 8 of the many reasons why you need to call in the professionals for at least some of the work:
1. Ripping out the old kitchen can be a messy, difficult job. It sounds simple, but it’s so easy to accidentally dislodge a hidden cable or even a water pipe. And what will you do with all the building waste? A kitchen fitter can take care of all of this for you.
2. Kitchen fitting requires specialist skills. There are many things you can do yourself, from tiling to assembling units, but other tasks require skill, training and qualifications. Your kitchen fitter can handle the joinery, door fitting and much more, while arranging for fully qualified electricians, gas fitters and plumbers to handle everything else.
3. A huge number of tools are needed. Don’t underestimate the sheer quantity of equipment – some of it specialist – needed to fit a kitchen. For your fitter, these are the tools of their trade.
4. You’ll get the very highest quality finish. A kitchen fitted with no obvious blunders or bodges is fine, but one with a stunning professional finish is far better.
5. Kitchen fitters have extraordinary attention to detail. Your new kitchen will look a million dollars once your fitter is finished perfecting the lighting, smoothing out edges and filling gaps. It’s these tiny touches that make a big difference.
6. Got a quirky idea? No problem. Experienced kitchen fitters have seen every kind of layout and colour scheme imaginable. If you’ve got an ‘outside of the box’ idea for your kitchen, your fitter’s creativity and problem-solving skills can help to make it a reality.
7. Your fitter can supply the kitchen too. If you want an easy life and know exactly what you want, your kitchen fitter can supply the kitchen as well as installing it. You’ll only have to deal with one company, saving a great deal of time and hassle.
8. Ideas, inspiration and the latest design trends – ask your fitter! Kitchen fitters always have one eye on the latest design trends, and they’ve seen what works and what doesn’t in all kinds of spaces. They’re the perfect choice to ask for advice.
If we’ve convinced you that calling in the professionals is the smart choice, get in touch with A&J Kitchens to arrange a free site survey and quote for your new kitchen. Call us on 01942873781, email email@example.com or get a quote online.