This look is all about hiding away the bits of the kitchen you don’t want to see. Clutter, functionality and appliances can all be concealed behind handy sliding panels or doors. When shut, these panels offer the streamlined, minimalist look so many people crave in their homes, but just can’t get with all their kitchen paraphernalia on show.
Hidden kitchens are part of the open plan living trend, one that refuses to go away. These spaces can be integrated right into the heart of the house, but without taking up too much space or ruining the aesthetics.
Here are just five reasons why concealing parts of your kitchen could fit extremely well into your home and lifestyle:
- Hide the clutter away. This is the beauty of the concealed kitchen. If you have guests coming over or you simply don’t feel like tidying up at the moment, all you need do is slide the panel across. Voila! Smooth, sleek minimalism reigns once again.
- Create a multi-functional space. No longer do you need to give the kitchen its own dedicated room. You can now integrate a kitchen into any space, using the amazing versatility of the concealed kitchen. Slide the panels into place and you can instantly create a play room, family room, work space, dance floor, socialising space or even an exercise studio – the possibilities are very exciting!
- Easier cleaning. Hidden kitchens can be much easier to keep clean, particularly if you have kids. This is firstly because worktops and appliances are hidden away, so it’s not as easy to leave clutter, spill a drink or leave crumbs there. All that is accessible most of the time is a wall of smooth panels, which are much easier to clean than a traditional kitchen workbench full of nooks and crannies for dirt to hide. Just as importantly, hidden kitchens look cleaner as you can hide all the messy bits away.
- Maximise space in small rooms. If your home isn’t very large, the ability to hide away your kitchen can free up valuable floor space – it’s up to you what you do with it.
- Enjoy an ultra-modern minimalist space. If you crave minimalism in your home interiors but worry you’ll never be able to de-clutter enough to achieve it, the concealed kitchen could be the answer. Fans of sleek modern kitchens absolutely love it.
To find out more about the mechanics and practicalities of fitting a hidden kitchen design in your home, get in touch with the friendly team at professional kitchen fitters A&J Kitchens.