But what if there was a way to completely transform the look of your kitchen without spending much at all? There are lots of ways you can cheaply and easily update your kitchen, breathing new life into the room with a small amount of money and just a day’s work.
Try these 5 super-fast, incredibly cheap kitchen transformers:
1. Change the handles. Handles and knobs for drawers and doors come in a wide range of different styles, and you’ll be amazed at the lift a new set can give a kitchen. It takes just hours to replace them all, so it’s well worth doing if you want to update your kitchen on a shoestring budget.
2. Change the doors. You don’t need to go to the expense and trouble of ripping out all of your cabinets and replacing them when you can update the look with shiny new doors. As long as the cabinet structure is sound, it’s much cheaper just to replace the doors – but it will look as if you’ve had a brand new kitchen put in.
3. A fresh lick of paint. Painting is the easiest and cheapest way to refresh a room, so choose a lovely new colour and get out your paintbrush! Create a new feature wall or simply refresh the old paint, which may have become faded, chipped or greasy.
4. Replace the tiles. With a bit of patience and skill, or the services of a professional decorator, you can replace the wall tiles and splash backs in your kitchen to completely change the style of the room. Use your new tiles to add a splash of colour, or go for ultra-glossy tiles to make your kitchen look more modern.
5. Replace the worktops. Whether you want a new look for your kitchen or your old work surfaces are tatty and worn, replacing your worktops is a great way to revamp the look of the room. You’ll need the services of a professional kitchen fitter to ensure that the worktops are fitted properly with a fantastic finish. Unless you have the skills and experience, don’t attempt to DIY this one – it’ll only end in disaster!
If you need a professional kitchen fitter to replace your worktops or to carry out any other part kitchen installation (i.e. a new sink, stove or kitchen island), the friendly and expert team at A&J Kitchens can help. Vastly experienced and knowledgeable about all the different ways to update a kitchen, we can install, adjust or replace to help you create your dream kitchen.